Military College Options and Scholarships
JROTC cadets perform the presentation of colors at the 2019 Southern Conference basketball tournament.

Find information here about various military options that include a track to obtaining a college degree either while in the military or when you are discharged from the military. Each one of our six traditional high schools has a JROTC program. Their instructors are a good resource for more information about the military as a postsecondary option for college and career.

United States Service Academies are military colleges where, if accepted, you attend cost-free and when you finish college you report for active duty as an officer. ROTC (Army and Air Force) and NROTC (Navy and Marines) programs at colleges are similar, except you can be enrolled in a traditional college and take additional coursework in military operations and you would begin your military service as an officer. Both service academies and ROTC scholarships provide monthly stipends to students.

The Forever GI Bill provides funding to pay for college and living expenses upon your discharge from the military. The Forever GI Bill can also be transferred to dependents  if not used by the veteran.
Buncombe County Schools is in the process of reviewing its website to ensure compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.